Scholarships and Financial Aid
The following are a few scholarships available to nursing graduate students:
Please contact the Graduate Nursing Program office at (785)628-4327 if you are interested in these scholarships.
Federal Traineeship Scholarship
Available for Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Nursing Education (NE), and Nursing Administration (NA) students.
- Attend MSN school at FHSU as a:
- Full-time or Part-time MSN students
- Demonstrate a commitment to high scholastic achievement (decrease employment to increase study time; maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA)
- Agree to complete the federal form "Statement of Appointment."
- Have a financial need.
- Agree to work in a rural county designated as Medically Underserved or HPSA in Kansas for one year after graduation.
- Resident of a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) or of a Federally Designated Medically Underserved Area (MUA).
Dane G. Hansen Foundation Scholarship
Available for Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) students.
- Agree to work as an FNP in a rural community (preferably in northwest Kansas) for one year after graduation.
- Live in a northwest Kansas county while attending school (including counties: Cheyenne, Rawlins, Decatur, Norton, Phillips, Rooks, Graham, Sheridan, Thomas, Sherman, Wallace, Logan, Gove, Trego, Ellis).
Kansas Nurses Foundation Scholarship
Deadline is June 30. Contact the Kansas Nurses Foundation at (785)233-8638.
Nurses Educational Funds (NEF)
- Applications are due March 1. Visit http://www.n-e-f.org for an application.
- Must be a registered nurse, enrolled in or applying to a CCNE accredited master's program in nursing, a member of a professional nursing organization, and a citizen of the United States. FHSU's program is CCNE accredited.
- At the masters degree level, applicants will be supported for full-time study only.
Standlee V. and Pauline Polly Hyatt Dalton
- Preference given to sophomore, junior, senior or graduate students majoring in nursing with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Apply online by February 15 at http://www.fhsu.edu/finaid.
Salina Regional Health Center Service Auxiliary and Salina Regional Health Foundation Educational Awards Program
- Please contact: Office of the Volunteer Director, Salina Regional Health Center, 400 S. Santa Fe, Salina KS 67401, for an application.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before July 1.