How to Reach Us

Department of Political Science
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Rarick Hall 355
Phone: 785-628-4425
Contact Department

Political Science on Facebook Political Science on Twitter Political Science on Instagram Political Science on Linkedin

Minor in Political Science

The Minor in Political Science is for you, if you:

  • Are majoring in another field, but still have an interest in Political Science
  • Are interested in leadership opportunities
  • Are looking for ways to learn how you can change the world
  • Want to flesh out your resume with a minor that will catch the attention of potential employers

The Minor in Political Science is a convenient way to add a second area of academic focus because:

  • The minor is comprised of ANY 20 hours of Political Science (POLS) credit.
  • You are allowed to 'double dip'; you can use General Education courses (POLS 101, POLS 105, or POLS 230) to satisfy both General Education and Political Science Minor requirements.

If you're interested, we invite you to talk to a Department of Political Science faculty member to select an appropriate set of 20 hours that will match your goals. For instance, you might choose to do 20 hours in pre-law courses, or focus more on courses that explore policy-making.

Back to top