Welcome to Fort Hays State University Residential Life!
The residence halls are an ideal place to meet friends, find academic support, and adjust to campus life. Life in the halls provides many social and leadership opportunities that are designed to foster the Tiger sprit and build community! We are excited about your interest in living on campus and know that you will find a home in the residence halls. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Director of Residential Life
view our mission statement >>
News and Events
Housing Contracts and Room Selection
The 2016-17 Housing Contract is now available! The Contract can be accessed through TigerTracks.
Here's how Housing selection works:
- Returning Students:
- If you are wanting to live in the same room or apartment next year, you are able to reserve your room while filling out the Housing Contract until February 10, 2016.
- If you are wanting to select a different room or apartment, you will be given a time between February 15 – March 13 to select that new space. Your selection time will be based on your application date; the earlier you apply, the earlier you get to choose a room!
- Returner room swaps will occur between March 20 - April 1, 2016.
- Contracts may be cancelled without penalty until April 15.
- Returner and transfer sign up will restart on April 15, 2016.
- Learning Community students will be able to select their room from April 11–April 22 (any LLC students signing up after that date will be assigned by the Residential Life office).
- All other students will be given a date and time to sign up starting May 09 based on your application date; the earlier you apply, the earlier you get to choose a room!
- Room assignments will be emailed to residents no later than June 30, 2016
Let us know if you have any questions!
To watch a video with instructions on accessing the Housing Contract, visit our Facebook page.
ATTENTION: Starting in Fall 2013, Student Fiscal Services will no longer be sending out paper bills by mail for Residential Life fees. Students will be only receive their bill notifications through email to their FHSU Mail account.
Contact Student Fiscal Services if you have any questions.