Senior Companion Eligibility
To Become A Senior Companion, a person must
- Want to make a difference in the lives of adults needing assistance to remain independent
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Be willing and physically capable of serving 15-35 hours per week
- Meet federal income guidelines to be eligible to receive the tax-free stipend of $2.65 per hour
- No longer be in the regular work force
To Receive the Service...
One must be an adult (21+) and have a need.
Please Note: There is no income eligibility requirement for the person served. There is no cost for the services provided.
Corporation for National and Community Service
National Senior Corps Association
Northwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging
Southwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
FHSU Foster Grandparent Program