Student Health Center
Fees and Insurance Information

The Student Health Center will take care of you no matter how you pay for services. The amount of money that we charge will depend on the kind of service and procedures you need. We accept the student health insurance plan from United Healthcare insurance, private insurance or you can pay for your visit while you are here. If you have private insurance, we will bill your health insurance for visits to our clinic.

Don’t Forget Your Tiger Card and Insurance Card!

When you visit the Student Health Center, you must bring your university Tiger Card and Insurance Card to each visit. This will ensure that we have the correct information to bill your insurance company for our fees.

Student Health Insurance

The Kansas Board of Regents has contracted with United Healthcare Student Resources to be the primary insurance provider for Fort Hays State University as well as the rest of the Regents Universities. For eligibility, benefits, coverage, premiums or other benefits, stop by the Student Health Center and pick up a brochure.  If you are a graduate teaching assistant (GTA), graduate research assistant (GRA), graduate assistant (GA), you are not eligible for the Fort Hays State University insurance policy. You are eligible for the UnitedHealthcare coverage that the university provides to students. You also can visit the United Health Care Student Resources Website for additional information.

Back to top