Student Health Center
Treatment and Preventative Care Services
Your goal is to successfully complete your college experience. Our goal is to help you get and stay healthy throughout that experience.
We Can . . .
- Treat your minor illness (sore throat. cold, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, flu, diarrhea, etc.).
- Sell you over-the-counter medications like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Zyrtec and Mucinex among many others.
- Help you with your diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, ulcers or allergies if you have already received care at your home doctor for that problem.
- Provide referral assistance for counseling help with anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol issues, eating disorders, etc.
- Give you routine immunizations.
- Treat minor injuries (cuts, scrapes, strains or sprains)
- Send you for an X-ray if you have an injury.
- Check your blood pressure.
- Do annual pap smears and breast examinations.
- Provide HIV counseling and testing.
- Test for and treat sexually transmitted infections.
- Do a physical examination required for a job or school.
- Help you with information related to the practice of safer sex and contraceptives to match your lifestyle.
- Do pregnancy testing, counseling and/or referrals.
- Update your immunizations for travel and make sure you're ready for the trip.
- Do about any lab test you want us to.
- Check your vision.
- Find the right diet and nutrition help for you.
- Treat warts, rashes, acne and other skin problems.
- Visit your residence hall, campus group or class for educational presentations.
We Can't . . .
- Care for pregnant women.
- Be a dentist for you.
- See your children or give you advice about your children.
- Give emergency care.
- Do the same examinations as an eye doctor does for glasses.
- Do X-rays at the center.
- Prescribe ADHD medications.
Remember, when you visit the Student Health Center, all of your information and health records are confidential.
Learn more about our confidentiality policy and your patient rights and responsibilities.