Your application to attend Fort Hays State University can begin now.
Degree Seeking Students
- Students applying to Fort Hays State University must be admitted to the university before they can pre-enroll for classes.
- To be considered for admission to the university, a student must fill
out the application for admission and submit official transcripts from
all previously attended schools.
- An official transcript is one received by Fort Hays from the issuing
school. The transcript must be sealed in a school envelope. Transcripts
that have been tampered with or that have been opened will not be
- Students who are over the age of 21 do not need to have an ACT or SAT
score submitted in order to fulfill the application requirements.
Non-Degree Seeking Students (Undergraduate)
- Students who do not wish to obtain a degree from Fort Hays State
University and who will not be applying for financial aid can apply as
a non-degree seeking student. These students will be classified as a
freshman, and are not required to submit transcripts.
- If a student wishes to change from non-degree seeking status to
degree seeking, he or she must submit all required transcripts and meet
admission requirements before their status will be changed to degree
PLEASE NOTE: ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT IMMEDIATE.
APPLICANTS WHO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AND TRANSCRIPTS A WEEK OR LESS
BEFORE THE START OF A SEMESTER MAY NOT HAVE THEIR PAPERWORK PROCESSED
AND MAY NOT BE ADMITTED FOR THAT SEMESTER.
Start your application process to Fort Hays.