Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Office of the Provost > Faculty and Unclassified Handbook > Ch 3 Salaries Part Time
Office of the Provost
A faculty member may become unable to teach an assigned on- or off-campus course during the regular academic year. A department chair may address these circumstances by identifying a full-time, core faculty member or part-time adjunct instructor to teach the required course on an overload/replacement basis.
1. The standard rate of remuneration per credit hour for all nine-month, core faculty teaching in an overload status to replace an assigned course instructor during the Fall/Spring semesters is 20 percent of 1/9 of the reassigned instructor's regular academic year base salary.
2. The rate of remuneration per course for a part-time adjunct instructor hired to replace a full-time, core faculty member to teach either on or off-campus will be as follows:
1. Faculty will be paid $15 per credit hour for each student above 40 in an off-campus class.
2. All off-campus courses with enrollment below 10 will be pro-rated.
3. This payment schedule applies to all new on-campus part-time adjuncts.
Endorsed by Faculty Senate in consultation with President Hammond (04/00).Revision of salary scale approved by President Hammond (5/3/06)
Back to Chapter 3
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.