Agnew Hall

Agnew Hall

Agnew Hall opened its doors for co-ed living in the fall of 2012. It was constructed on the same site that the original Agnew Hall occupied. The original Agnew Hall, constructed from 1955-1957, was razed in the summer of 2010 because of its deteriorating condition and shrinking demand for 1950s style housing.

Included in the new 39,176 gsf building are beds for 123 students, arranged in 4-bedroom suites. A second 44,132 gsf building, which will house 112 students, is currently under construction. Both buildings were designed by WGN Associates, LLC and built by Paul-Wertenberger Construction, Hays, for a total cost for both buildings of $9.2 million.

Agnew Hall was named after Elizabeth Jane Agnew who was employed to teach domestic economy (Home Economics) in 1910 and who stayed on to eventually become Dean of Women before her retirement in 1943.

Back to top

Original text