Resources for Faculty
You are a valuable resource to students for career advice. As a professional experienced in your field, you can provide students with important information about different careers. Below are a few examples of easy-to-promote, successful job search strategies and methods for your students:
- Assign a class project where students work with Career Services to develop a resume.
- Require or encourage students to create a Careers for Tigers account. Careers for Tigers allows students to search and apply for job and internship vacancies, interview on-campus, research employers, network with alumni, and have their resume referred to employers nationwide!
- Promote Career Services events to students; consider giving “extra credit” for attending our events.
- Invite the staff from Career Services to do a class presentation. Working students cannot find time to attend workshops, so classroom presentations become an important venue for education and professional development.
- Encourage students to seek career-related employment and internship experiences while pursuing their degrees.
- Forward job opportunities to us that come your way. We welcome emails, fliers, transferred calls, and contacts.
Request a Class Presentation
Internship Submission Form
Tips for Writing a Recommendation
Sample Faculty Reference Letter
Faculty Guide to Ethical & Legal Standards in Student Hiring
FHSU Employment Statistics
Join us on LinkedIn
Create a faculty Careers for Tigers account and view job listings available to students and alumni - Call 4260 to create your account.