Academic Programs in Speech-Language Pathology

Wherever your career interests lie in the diverse field of speech-language pathology, the Department of Communication Disorders' degree programs will get you where you need to go. With the strong faculty mentorship and valuable hands-on experience, you will be one step ahead of the competition when you enter the workforce.

The Department of Communication Disorders offers one undergraduate degree program and one graduate degree program. The degree for entry into the profession of speech-language pathology is the master's degree. The graduate program in speech-language pathology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)

Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology 
Excited to start your journey towards a rewarding career in speech-language pathology? You have a lot to look forward to, with innovative curriculum taught by faculty who are both strong teachers as well as researchers. With the state-of-the-art Herndon Clinic, you will get to observe and later practice SLP in action! In order to be licensed to practice in the field, you will need a graduate degree in speech-language pathology. The undergraduate program provides you outstanding preparation for graduate school or begin a career in another field.

Learn more about your Bachelor of Science in Speech Language Pathology, including information such as the program of study, admissions requirements and more.

Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology The Master of Science degree is the entry-level credential for national certification as a speech-language pathologist. The curriculum focuses on all types of communication disorders, clinical and professional issues, and research. You will be involved in research related to clinical solutions to communication disorders.

As a graduate student, you usually take four semesters and a summer term to complete the degree and gain clinical experiences through the on-campus Herndon Clinic and its affiliated sites locally. You will complete your Masters degree program with off-campus externships at educational and medical sites.

Learn more about your Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology  program, including the program of study, admission requirements, clinical sites and more. 

 View student outcome data  for summative assessment (Praxis pass rates, degree completion rates, and employment rates following graduation) and formative assessment which includes academic and clinical assessments of students throughout their program of graduate study.