Annual Back To School Picnic
Monday, August 17, 2015
4:00-7:00 p.m. - Campus Quad
Once again, it is time to plan for the Fort Hays State University Back to School Picnic. This year, we have many exciting events planned, with music, booths from area merchants and novelty activities.
Student involvement in community and campus activities has always been the main theme of the picnic, and this year is no exception. The picnic is your first opportunity to effectively gain awareness for your organization and the services it provides. Therefore, we would like to invite local businesses and student organizations to participate.
FHSU student organizations and university departments should submit table requests through Tiger[Link] by clicking HERE.
Businesses and individuals may
participate by submitting a registration form and associated payment.
Download the registration form HERE.
- Cost is $50.00 per table. There is an additional $10.00 charge if
power is required. There is no cost to non-profit entities.
- No liquor stores, tobacco establishments, or pornographic enterprises will be permitted to register.
- Participating banks are not permitted to promote credit cards on-campus.
- No sales allowed – only giveaways, merchandise, coupons, information, etc.
- Student organization and university department giveaways must comply with university identity standards. Click HERE for additional branding guidelines.
- Any edible items must be in original sealed packaging.
- Chairs will not be provided at tables but organizations and businesses are permitted to provide their own.
- Due to liability issues, the Center for Student Involvement reserves
the right to deny table requests which include activities that may be
harmful or disruptive to participants. The following are examples of
items that will be prohibited: water activities (i.e. slip n’ slide),
live animals, inflatables and driving vehicles on the Quad.
- Changes to table registrations will not be accepted past 4:30 p.m. on
Wednesday, August 12, 2015. All changes should be coordinated with the
Center for Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-628-4664.
- Participants may begin setting up at 3:30 p.m. Location is the Quad on
the east side of the Memorial Union. The picnic is scheduled from 4-7
p.m., please help by folding your table and placing it in the
appropriate area before you leave (even if you leave before 7 p.m.).
- Any items left behind by businesses or organizations after the picnic concludes, will be thrown
The deadline to register for the 2015 Back To School Picnic is 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12.
For inquiries regarding the Back To School Picnic, contact the Center for Student Involvement at (785) 628-4664 or at email@example.com.