What To Expect
The staff at the Neuromuscular Wellness Center understands that starting a fitness program can be intimidating. To increase your comfort, here’s an idea about what you might expect as a participant in the program:
On your first visit:
- Visit with Dr. Charmane Kandt, program coordinator, to discuss your health concerns and fitness goals.
- Work with Dr. Kandt to develop an exercise program and weekly routine.
- Get a basic health and mobility assessment.
- Meet the student trainers and other program participants.
- Become acquainted with the exercise equipment.
On every visit:
- For your safety, staff monitor your blood pressure, pulse and oxygen saturation.
- Most visits typically last an hour, which includes exercise.
- Consult with staff regarding your wellness.
- Get support from other participants and caregivers.
- Participate in tailored cardiovascular, mobility and functional exercises.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Dr. Charmane Kandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 628-5564.