The Institute of Applied Technology
The Institute of Applied Technology is the place for students seeking careers in the ever-changing field of applied technology.
We combine theoretical coursework and hands-on experience to help you develop the academic, technical and leadership skills necessary for success in the educational and industrial world of technology.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Studies, Industrial Technology
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Studies, Technology Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Leadership (On Campus and Online)
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Industrial Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Business Communication Technology (On Campus and Online)
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Business Training Systems (On Campus and Online)
Explore Majors at FHSU | Apply to FHSU
Each Applied Technology degree program allows you to choose from specializations that focus on areas of industry.
Who studies with us?
Students like you who want…
- To teach technology or work as industrial technologists.
- A well-rounded education that blends liberal arts and technology courses.
- To develop applied skills, build a foundation for leadership and growth, and make the most of their college experience.
- To be adaptable, flexible and confident in their ability to succeed in a changing workplace.
- To be prepared for jobs and careers that haven’t been thought of yet.
Applied Technology at FHSU: Forward Thinking. World Ready.
Our curriculum provides a broad-based education in technology literacy. We also support the FHSU General Education curriculum, which includes Foundation Studies and Liberal Arts.
You’ll develop skills and qualities like these:
- Knowledge about the evolution of technology and its effect on people and culture
- An understanding of emerging and established technologies
- The ability to manipulate materials, processes, and systems of instructional and industrial technology
- The ability to think critically and solve problems
- The ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing
You’ll be prepared to succeed in your field—and in life.
Though our graduates move on to diverse careers, they share a few traits: passion, dedication and a strong work ethic. If you value those qualities and want to be part of a department with outstanding faculty who care about their students, consider earning a degree in Applied Technology at FHSU.
Learn more about our academic programs and the benefits of a technology degree from FHSU.
News and Events
November 21: Junior/Senior Day
December 7: Toys for Tots