The Institute of Applied Technology
The Institute of Applied Technology is the place for students seeking careers in the ever-changing field of applied technology.
We combine theoretical coursework and hands-on experience to help you develop the academic, technical and leadership skills necessary for success in the educational and industrial world of technology.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Studies, Industrial Technology
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Studies, Technology Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Leadership (On Campus and Online)
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Industrial Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Business Communication Technology (On Campus and Online)
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Applied Technology, Business Training Systems (On Campus and Online)
Explore Majors at FHSU | Apply to FHSU
Each Applied Technology degree program allows you to choose from specializations that focus on areas of industry.
Who studies with us?
Students like you who want…
- To teach technology or work as industrial technologists.
- A well-rounded education that blends liberal arts and technology courses.
- To develop applied skills, build a foundation for leadership and growth, and make the most of their college experience.
- To be adaptable, flexible and confident in their ability to succeed in a changing workplace.
- To be prepared for jobs and careers that haven’t been thought of yet.
Applied Technology at FHSU: Forward thinking. World ready.
Our curriculum provides a broad-based education in technology literacy. We also support the FHSU General Education curriculum, which includes Foundation Studies and Liberal Arts.
You’ll develop skills and qualities like these:
- Knowledge about the evolution of technology and its effect on people and culture
- An understanding of emerging and established technologies
- The ability to manipulate materials, processes, and systems of instructional and industrial technology
- The ability to think critically and solve problems
- The ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing
You’ll be prepared to succeed in your field—and in life.
Though our graduates move on to diverse careers, they share a few traits: passion, dedication and a strong work ethic. If you value those qualities and want to be part of a department with outstanding faculty who care about their students, consider earning a degree in Applied Technology at FHSU.
Learn more about our academic programs and the benefits of a technology degree from FHSU.
News and Events
December 7: Toys for Tots
Jace Stewart (2007)
Drafting Technology Instructor
Eudora School District
"The student teaching internship and sports – football in particular – that I took part in at FHSU gave me the skills and experience I needed to take on leadership roles as both a coach and a teacher. " Read More
Todd Dumler (2005)
Murray & Sons Construction Co., Inc.
"The benefit that I got specifically from attending FHSU was that my employer knew before they hired me, that I would have an excellent work ethic. " Read More
Kevin Thompson (2007)
Field Development Technician
“The basic knowledge given to me by FHSU has been a stepping stone for my career. I’m not afraid to learn something new every day." Read More
Brent J. Bieker (2007)
Career Building Systems Technician
GE Johnson Construction Company
“Leadership courses give you a background understanding of multiple types of leadership styles and how to put them into action in multiple situations. ” Read More
Teresa Pentecost-Wilken (2011)
“My academic experience helped me by laying a basic foundation for what I’m doing and helped me to understand buildings and drafting principles I use every day. ” Read More
Predrag Basic (2009)
Senior Business Systems Analyst
“The professional attitude and approach from the staff made it a great journey and allowed me to complete my BS degree in only two years while working full time.” Read More