The Department of Management provides scholarship opportunities for its students.
Funds are provided by individuals and companies interested in supporting business and who are aware of the
financial commitment a student must make to complete a college education. Recipients will be selected by the college of Business and Entrepreneurship scholarship committee.
Awards of Excellence
Business scholarships are awarded to students in the following areas of study: Management and Marketing.
These awards are for incoming freshmen only.
1. Declared Management or Marketing major by the time the scholarship is awarded.
2. Overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
Deana G. Elston-Rupp
1. Recipient must be a junior, senior or graduate student by the fall.
2. Declared Management or Marketing major.
3. Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above.
Department of Management and Department of Applied Business Studies
1. Declared Management, Marketing, or Tourism and Hospitality Management major with junior standing by the fall.
2. Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
3. Awarded on basis of need, when possible.
1. Declared major in Management with junior standing.
2. GPA of 3.0.
3. Kansas resident with preference to Ellis County high school graduates.
4. State of Kansas resident preferred when all qualifications are equal.
Robert S. and Elizabeth W. Armstrong
1. Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate students in Management and Marketing.
2. One year duration only but beneficiary can reapply for eligibility the following year.
Robert S. Armstrong Memorial
1. Of four scholarship awards, at least one will be to an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi, one to a Management major.
2. 3.0 GPA cumulative.
3. Declared College of Business and Entrepreneurship major.
The Schwaller Award
1. Candidate will be a senior graduating from the FHSU College of Business and Entrepreneurship.
2. Must be enrolled in the FHSU Master's of Business Administration program for the following fall semester.
3. Distinguished self as an outstanding student at FHSU and a well-rounded citizen of the community. Will
demonstrate excellence through high academic performance, leadership in campus activities and involvement
in extracurricular activities and events in the community.
How to Apply
Complete the Fort Hays State University Scholarship Application, and be sure to review our departmental
scholarships. Select only those scholarships for which you qualify.
You will not be considered for any scholarship you do not mark,
so please be complete. Submit the application electronically at
the web site by the due date. Late applications will not be considered.
Other Scholarships Available
Students should also check the section in the
Scholarship Application titled General Scholarships, which are available to all students attending
FHSU regardless of major. Check with your current high school, community
college, or university for information regarding scholarships that
may be available to you through foundations, professional and/or
civic organizations, corporations, or any locally-granted scholarships.
For further assistance, please contact the