Music Auditions and Scholarships at FHSU
Audition Dates for the 2014-2015 school year:
February 14 (instrumental only)
March 7, 2015
Facts About Music Scholarships
- Music scholarships are available to all university students, regardless of major.
- All music scholarships are awarded on the basis of a competitive audition.
- All music scholarships are awarded independently of other university financial aid.
- The amount of a music scholarship is determined by the department's music scholarship committee which uses the recommendation of the audition screening panel as a basis for their award.
- Students who declare music as their major and meet minimum GPA requirements are eligible to receive the University's Academic Opportunity Award (AOA) during their freshman year.
- Awards range from $500 to $900 based on ACT scores.
How to Apply for Music Scholarships
- Complete the Application for Admission to the university.
- Complete the university's online Scholarship Application.
- Register to Audition. Complete the Department of Music online Audition Application or use the downloadable form. The on-campus audition dates this year are February 14, 2014 (instrumental only), February 21, and March 7, 2014. Students who are unable to audition on these dates should contact the Department of Music at (785) 628-4533.
- Print the Department of Music recommendation form twice and obtain two (2) different letters of recommendation. Make sure that the signer of each recommendation places his/her letter in an envelope and seals it. In most cases these letters will be from your high school music teacher(s), private music teacher, minister, or employer.
- Mail the two (2) letters of recommendation to:
Music Scholarship Committee
Department of Music
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601-4099
All materials must be received one week prior to the audition date.
Applications received after the audition date will be considered only if funds are available.
Scholarship contracts are not binding until May 1 of the year of graduation from high school.
Audition Requirements for:
Woodwinds, Brass, or Percussion
Contact Dr. Joseph Perniciaro with Questions.