Admission Requirements for the M.S.E. in Higher Education-Student Affairs Program (HESA)
Please apply to the FHSU Graduate School to begin your admission into the Higher Education-Student Affairs master's degree program, as this graduate level program falls under the supervision of the Graduate School. The Graduate School processes all applications, which are available online as well as in print.
A completed application to the Graduate School for programs in the Advanced Education Programs Department includes evidence of a successful Background Check.
To apply for the Master of Science in Education degree in Higher Education-Student Affairs, you need to have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (C plus) on the last 60 hours of undergraduate credit and supply the following materials to the Graduate School:
- To be considered, the applicant must submit:
- Payment of $35.00 (domestic) or $50.00 (international) application fee
- Official transcripts from an accredited university
- Two letters of recommendations
- Personal statement addressing your reason for beginning a program in Higher Education Student Affairs including professional and/or career goals and pertinent past work experiences.
If you are interested in learning more about the Higher Education Student Affairs program, please contact Dr. Edward Hammond, Program Director, Fort Hays State University, Robbins Center, One Tiger Place, Hays, KS 67601 at (785) 628-4735 or (785) 628-5705, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Jim Barrett, Department Chairman, Fort Hays State University, Rarick 232A, 711 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601 at (785) 628-4413 or email@example.com. If you are ready to apply to the program, visit the FHSU Graduate School Website to get started.