Admission to Student Teaching
Application due by February 15 for students planning to do their student teaching the following fall semester and due by September 15 for students planning to do student teaching in the following spring. Submit application through Tk20.
General Education courses that must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher:
- Diversity in the U.S. (if no bachelor's degree)
- Intro. to Computer Information Systems (if no bachelor's degree)
Education courses completed with grade of "C" or higher:
- Introduction to Instructional Technology
- Educating Exceptional Students
- Educational Psychology (must be taken through FHSU)
- Secondary School Experience (Secondary Education)
- All methods courses in the content area
Overall GPA of 2.75 or 2.75 on last 60 hours if you hold a Bachelor's degree, and 2.75
GPA in the teaching field(s).
Approval by the department in the
student's area of teaching and approval by the Council on Preparation
of Teachers and School Personnel (COPTSP).