Renewing Teaching License
Go to the KSDE website for the license renewal applications - http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=153
- If you have an Initial Teaching License and wish to upgrade it to a Professional Teaching License based on mentoring (by having taught at least one year), then complete Form 21. If you wish to upgrade it based on enrollment in an Internship, complete Form 19.
- If you have an Initial Teaching License and wish to renew it for an additional two years (because you have NOT taught at least one year), then complete Form 20.
- If you have a Professional Teaching License and wish to renew it, then complete Form 3a. The most common methods of renewal are to have either professional development points (PDP) or college credit that is turned into PDPs. If you have a graduate degree, you may renew based on having three years of accredited experience during the current professional license. The guidelines for Professional Development Points can be found at http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=2132
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are needing to renew or upgrade a license at the same time that you are adding a provisional (Form 4) or full endorsement (Form 1) to your license, then contact Kerry Schuckman, FHSU Licensure Officer, at email@example.com for those applications. By submitting Form 4 or Form 1 along with the renewal application, you will only have to pay one fee (the higher of the two application fees).
- If you wish to add an endorsement to your license by having passed the Praxis test (not by program completion), then complete Form 22 and submit directly to KSDE.
- If you have completed all of the coursework and passed the Praxis test for a new endorsement, complete the online Form 1.
- The Kansas Center for Innovative Education at http://www.fhsu.edu/kcie/ and the Science and Mathematics Education Institute at http://www.fhsu.edu/smei/ offer various workshops throughout the year that are ideal for teachers needing credit to renew their teaching licenses.
Online Courses through Teacher Education Department:
- TEEL 230 Diverse Learners (3 hrs)
- TEEL 340 The Effective Classroom (3 hrs)
- TEEL 493 The Middle School I (3 hrs)
- TEEL 670 VA Workshop: Positive Classroom Discipline (2 hrs) - Great Bend
- TEEL 670 VB Workshop: Instructional Model (2 hrs) - Great Bend
- TEEL 670 VC Workshop: Intro to PBIS (3 hrs)