Careers in Applied Technology
Construction. Manufacturing. Communication. These are the dominant fields our graduates enter.
Many pursue careers in industry or go on to teach in middle and high schools. Some adapt to engineering careers, applying science and math in industry settings.
Regardless of your degree path, you’ll be prepared to excel in the field of your choice.
Applied Technology Student Successes
- Jacob Yoder (’13), Engineering Department, Moridge Manufacturing/The Grasshopper Company in Moundridge, KS.
- Zach Pixler (’13), Technology Education Teacher, Ulysses, KS.
- Josh Reese (’13) Plastic Technology, Ferguson Production Inc., McPherson, KS.
- Trevor Clark (’12) Technology Education Teacher, Kearney, NE
- Kenneth Schlegel (’12) Engineering/Drafting/Design, Midwest Energy, Hays, KS.
- Justin Bright (’12) Engineering/Drafting/Design, Sunflower Electric, Great Bend, KS
Photo taken October 2014 - FHSU graduates working for Sunflower Electric
Left to right: Jacob Keener ('14), Chad Olmstead ('01), Thomas McElroy ('10) Justin Bright ('12)