Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) Licensure Requirements

Shaping the future of students around the country requires a state-issued license. The completion of program requirements for the Gifted Education program at Fort Hays State University partially fulfills licensure requirements for the state of Kansas, however it does not guarantee a license to teach.

For current Kansas licensure information, please visit the Licensure Office Website.

Since certification and testing requirements in other states are subject to change, if you work outside Kansas you will need to contact the appropriate state certification office and inquire about the requirements and steps to take for certification. However, the Department of Advanced Education Programs enrolls many students from around the country who have determined that our programs meet their state requirements.

Contact Information
If you are interested in learning more about the Gifted Education program, please contact Mrs. Amanda Frank at adfrank@fhsu.edu. If you are ready to apply to the program, visit the FHSU Graduate School Website to get started.

Back to top

Original text