Admission Requirements for the Library Media Specialist Program
Please apply to the FHSU Graduate School to begin your admission into the Master’s Degree in Education with a Library Media Specialist emphasis, as this graduate level program falls under the supervision of the Graduate School.
The FHSU Graduate School processes all applications, which are available in print as well as online. To apply for the Master’s Degree in Education with a Library Media Specialist emphasis, you need to have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate credit and supply the following materials to the Graduate School:
- Completed application
- A personal statement addressing your reason for beginning a Library Media Specialist program
- Two outside personal recommendations
- Inclusion of all transcripts where you have completed coursework
Individuals who have previously completed a master's degree may elect to complete the Library Media Endorsement as a “Non-Degree” seeking student. PLEASE NOTE: You must be admitted to the Graduate School as a “Non-Degree” student or “Degree Seeking Student” to pursue the Library Media Endorsement. All required forms and procedures for admission are available on the FHSU Graduate School website.
The following requirements must be completed for the Library Media Endorsement by the Kansas State Department of Education:
- Master of Science degree AND Library Media Endorsement coursework
- A currently valid professional teaching license
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA in all graduate coursework
- Successful completion of a school specialist assessment