Academic Programs in Nursing
Perhaps you’ve always dreamed about becoming a nurse. You want to make a difference. You realize that health care is a big part of people’s lives, and you want to help people become well, live better and even die with dignity.
Perhaps you know nursing is a well respected and well paying career, and one where the opportunities have never been better. You can choose to work virtually anywhere, from a small rural clinic to a large urban hospital. Find your niche in a variety of specialties – ER, OB, ICU, pediatrics, school nursing, cardiac, or many more.
Perhaps, it’s important for you to never stop learning once you’re out in the “real world.” Health care continues to advance, so as a nurse, you will always be challenged to learn new things to provide care in better ways. Plus, nursing offers you great opportunities for career advancement into management or teaching with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
Earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at Fort Hays State University is your next step towards a career of discovery, lifelong learning and fulfillment. Here are a few reasons why you should consider Nursing at FHSU:
- Learn from outstanding teaching and clinical faculty who go out of their way to help you succeed, both in the classroom and outside the classroom.
- Receive individualized attention in small classes where faculty really know you.
- Work closely with a faculty advisor within the Department of Nursing from your first semester on campus while enrolled in Nursing pre-requisite courses.
- Get hands-on practice in the newly renovated and high-tech nursing skills simulation lab.
- Be part of a close-knit community of students that become like family.
- Apply for a paid summer internship program at Hays Medical Center.
- Take advantage of a high quality, fully accredited degree program with the lowest tuition of all universities in the Kansas Board of Regents system.
We invite you to review our Web site for more information or download the Undergraduate Nursing Studies information packet. We hope you will contact us if you have any questions or if you would like to come visit to see for yourself what the Department of Nursing has to offer.
You have achieved all that you can with a BSN and now you want to accomplish more. A Master's degree in nursing prepares you to use the knowledge that you have gained through experience and your former education to build an expertise in a specific area of nursing. Dialog with other nurses across the country and around the world to learn how to best solve today's nursing challenges. Move from a face to face linear project solving process to an interactive, technologically driven format, which is essential for success in today's workplace.
Find out more about our specialty areas by clicking on the links above. When you enroll in your first class you will receive a more detailed orientation to the program.
General Information for Nursing Department