Forward thinking. World ready.
FHSU is the leading forward-thinking, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest. We have an enrollment of more than 13,000 students and offer hundreds of certificate and degree programs at the associate's, bachelor's and master's levels through 28 academic departments. We attract goal-oriented students who want premier learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom combined with extraordinary one-to-one attention and support. Take a look at our College Portrait for an overall view of FHSU.
Our professors are outstanding teachers who motivate students to develop their unique talents. As a result, our students graduate with a deep appreciation of knowledge as well as professional skills and confidence that give them a competitive edge in their careers, now and for a lifetime.
Located halfway between Denver and Kansas City, FHSU is a welcoming community in the heart of historic Hays, a community that celebrates its frontier roots and its modern sensibility - coffee shops, one-of-a-kind restaurants, shopping, and a vibrant arts scene.
Fort Hays State University
has long had a policy of making information readily available and ensures
compliance with federal HEA and HEOA legislation.
Come on in, and learn more about the FHSU experience.
Campus – 4,767
| Online – 8,674
| Total – 13,441
International Students: 4,050 students from more than 30 nations
Campus: 200 acres
Higher Learning Commission (NCA)
Housing: 3 on-campus residence halls, 2 on-campus apartment complexes, 2 on-campus suite-style halls
Mascot: Victor E. Tiger
NCAA Division II, Mid-America Intercollegiate, Athletics Association (MIAA)
Hays Regional Airport
- Assn. to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (in candidacy)
- Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Assoc.
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Kansas State Board of Education
- Kansas State Board of Nursing
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
Moving Forward Booklet (PDF)
View interactive "Moving Forward Booklet" below.