Credit for Prior Learning Banner

How to Reach Us

Credit for Prior Learning

Dr. Marcus Porter,
Credit for Prior Learning Coordinator

Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Sheridan Hall 302
Phone: (785) 628-4552

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Mon - Thurs

Contact Us

Military Service Credit

Students enrolled at FHSU may earn college credit for educational experiences in the armed services. Credit is awarded based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.

Students desiring undergraduate credit for prior military service will submit their Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the Registrar for analysis and processing in consultation with university advisors. There is no fee assessed for this process.

FHSU is working with the Kansas Collaborative on Military Credit to award credit for military training.  At this time, US Army MOS 31B - Military Police and MOS 42A - Human Resources Specialist have been articuated with courses at FHSU.

Students desiring graduate credit will need to check with their advisor to determine if any CPL is possible.

In addition to the military service credit, service members may want to see what courses are accepted for CLEP or DSST tests.

Questions specific to military service should be directed to

Back to top