Become an Active Learner
As a psychology student at FHSU, you get the keys for an active education, rather than spending all your time in classes. Gain hands-on experience while developing professional skills necessary for your future.
As a student, you learn how to analyze and understand the mind, but you need opportunities to grow and mature as well. Unlike larger schools, opportunities abound for you as an undergraduate student in the Department of Psychology, and faculty are committed teachers and mentors, ready to help you with exceptional – and highly personalized - advising.
Here are some of the ways you can make the most of your degree as a psychology major:
- Complete extensive research work with qualified staff members
- Engage in local internships with community agencies
- Conduct actual, ongoing research at local state hospitals
- Experience first-hand psychologists with community and guest speakers
- Meet peers and network with businesses by attending state and national conferences
- Utilize the department’s advanced computer technology for further research
- Participate in service projects to share and give back to the community
- Visit clinical practice locations for a hands-on look at how an actual site operates
- Attend departmental social events to meet your faculty and classmates
Read about some of our psychology major success stories.
Contact the Department of Psychology to learn more about how these hands-on opportunities help you fully experience your degree program and pave the way for success!