Campus Buildings

Aerial View of CampusAgnew
Akers Energy Center
Albertson Hall
Beach Hall/Sternberg Museum
C.A. Witt Maintenance Building
Cunningham Hall
Custer Hall
Davis Hall
Forsyth Library
Gross Coliseum
Grounds Building and Greenhouse
Hammond Hall
Lewis Field Stadium
Malloy Hall
Martin Allen Hall
McCartney Hall
McMindes Hall
Memorial Union
Motor Pool
Old Power Plant
Picken Hall
Plymouth Schoolhouse
President's Residence
R.U. Brooks Service

Rarick Hall
Robbins Center
Schmidt-Bickle Training Facility
Sheridan Hall
Soccer Facility
Stadium Place
Stroup Hall
Tomanek Hall
Wiest Hall
Wooster Place

Highlighting academic and residential buildings on the Fort Hays State University campus, the following pages give a brief history of each building. Information was taken from files in the Facilities Planning office and from Dr. James L. Forsythe's book, The First 75 Years, A History of Fort Hays State University, 1902-1977.

Although copies of this book are no longer available for purchase, Dr. Forsythe's subsequent book, Lighthouse on the Plains, Fort Hays State University, 1902-2002, records additional historical information about the growth and development of Fort Hays State University. The Lighthouse on the Plains may be purchased at the Fort Hays State University Alumni office in either a paperback or a hard-cover edition. For further information about purchasing The Lighthouse on the Plains, visit Permission was received from Dr. James L. Forsythe to use historical information from these books.

Back to top