Advanced Education Programs banner

How to Reach Us

Department of Advanced Education Programs
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Rarick Hall 232
Phone: 785-628-4283
Contact Us

College of Education on Facebook    

Admission Requirements for the M.S.E. in Higher Education-Student Affairs Program (HESA)

Please apply to the FHSU Graduate School to begin your admission into the Higher Education-Student Affairs master's degree program, as this graduate level program falls under the supervision of the Graduate School. The Graduate School processes all applications, which are available online as well as in print. When applying for this degree program in the Graduate School, look for this title on the application, MSE in Education (Higher Education Student Affairs).

To apply for the Master of Science in Education degree in Higher Education-Student Affairs, you need to have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (C plus) on the last 60 hours of undergraduate credit and supply the following materials to the Graduate School:

  • To be considered, the applicant must submit:
    • Payment of $40.00 (domestic) or $50.00 (international) application fee
    • Official transcripts from an accredited university
    • Two letters of recommendations
  • Personal statement addressing your reason for beginning a program in Higher Education Student Affairs including professional and/or career goals and pertinent past work experiences.

Contact Information
If you are interested in learning more about the Higher Education Student Affairs program, please contact Dr. Edward Hammond, Program Director, Fort Hays State University, Rarick Hall 219, 711 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601 at (785) 628-5705, or by email at Mrs. Amanda Frank at If you are ready to apply to the program, visit the FHSU Graduate School Website to get started.

Back to top