Put your Communication Skills into Action
As a communication studies student at FHSU, you get the keys for an active education, rather than spending all your time in classes. Gain hands-on experience while developing professional skills necessary for your future.
Here are just some of the opportunities you have to fully experience your major:
- Submit your personal work to local and state advertising and public relations competitions.
- Earn college credit and gain valuable professional experience by taking part in an internship related to your field of interest.
- Take intercultural and diversity classes to gain a deeper understanding about other groups and cultures, preparing you for a variety of work environments after college.
- Take your class on the road, just like the Political Reporting class did in Summer 2007 when they reported from the Democratic National Convention.
- Put classroom theory into action and benefit the campus and local community through service learning projects.
- Meet peers, network with industry experts and develop your professional skills by attending state, regional and national conferences.
- Gain valuable work experience, build your resume and earn a little money by working on the <University Leader>, which is open to all students regardless of major.
Contact the Department of Communication Studies to learn more about how you can put your love of communication into action.