How to Reach Us

Registrar's Office
701 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Picken Hall, Room 302
Phone: (785) 628-4222
Fax Number: (785) 628-4085

Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

It's All Academic

The Registrar's Office is where a great deal of academic information is captured. Students' prior course work, current grades, different degree programs and degree requirements are just a few of the reasons you should visit the Registrar's Office.

Academic Policies - You are ultimately responsible for successfully completing your study at Fort Hays. Check out this complete list of academic policies, procedures, and general information you need to know!

Academic Calendar - The Registrar's Office is the "deadline enforcer." All the dates you need to know, from when you can pre-enroll to when you need to have your degree application turned in, are listed on this very important calendar.

General Education Program - All students except BGS students are required to complete this 55-hour program. Learn all about it.

General Education Requirements - This is a printable list of the GE requirements.

Prior Learning Assessment for Course Credit (Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, ACE, ACTFL, CLEP, Excelsior, DSST/DANTES, and IB)- College credit may be earned in a number of different ways. You might have attended another college, served in the military, taken some standardized tests, or even taken an Advanced Standing exam in an academic department at Fort Hays State. Kelly Center Testing Services also has additional information and specifics on a number of the standardized exams they offer (CLEP, DSST, Prometric) as well as score requirements for the awarding of FHSU credit. Here is a printable list of International Baccalaureate Equivalencies.

If you have attended another college or university in the United States, you will be interested to find out more details about the Transfer Agreement and Articulation Guide. If you have attended area community colleges or universities, visit our community college transfer database or four-year college/university database to see how your previous classes might transfer to Fort Hays State. If your area college is not listed, or you also wish to determine different degree scenarios, contact your degree analyst in the Registrar's Office.

If you have attended the equivalent of a post-secondary school outside the United States, you may be eligible for transfer credit. Students wishing to have foreign transcript credit considered for transfer must have the transcript evaluated by an international credential evaluation company. Fort Hays will consider evaluations by AACRAO or any member of NACES. If you choose to have your international transcript evaluated, be sure to complete the evaluation company's application as they direct you and if given the option, choose the "course by course" evaluation. Have the evaluator send a copy of their report directly to Fort Hays State University, Registrar's Office, 600 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601. The transferability of the credit will not be determined prior to your admission. The evaluation is NOT an admission requirement but is required if you desire your prior international work considered for transfer.

Transfer work from any other college/university and advanced credit from qualifying credit-by-examination programs is only recorded for enrolled students who are in a signed degree program at Fort Hays State University. FHSU will not record transfer work or advanced credit for non-degree students or for students who have not returned to FHSU after a prior enrollment.


Back to top