How to Reach Us

Registrar's Office
701 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Picken Hall, Room 302
Phone: 785) 628-4222
Fax Number: (785) 628-4085

Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Transcript Notice:

The transcript form has been updated and associated mailing and processing fees now apply. Please carefully review the different mailing options and complete all the required fields on the transcript request form. The form must be printed and signed by the student. We cannot accept e-mailed requests.

What is a Transcript?

A transcript is a certified, official copy of your permanent academic record. In accordance with the Public Information Act and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, student academic records are classified as confidential and may be released only with the student's written authorization and signature. NO ONE ELSE (including your spouse, parents, etc.) can request your transcript, as your written permission is required by law.

Needing to Send a Transcript to Fort Hays State?

You may have been told to have an official (or even unofficial) transcript sent from your high school or previous college/university to Fort Hays State University. They are required for admission, for financial aid, or even to complete your Fort Hays degree. Therefore, it is very important to fulfill this request. When contacting a prior school to have their transcript sent to FHSU, use the information listed at Contact Us. This also provides information to other colleges/universities who have the capability of emailing official transcripts.

Transcripts Housed at Fort Hays State University

Fort Hays State University maintains academic transcripts of all prior students, whether you attended here when we were known as Western Branch of the Kansas Normal School of Emporia (from 1902-1914), Fort Hays Kansas State Normal School (from 1914-1923), Kansas State Teachers College of Hays (1923-1931), Fort Hays Kansas State College (1931-1977) or currently Fort Hays State University.

Fort Hays State housed academic transcripts from the now-closed St. Mary of the Plains College, Dodge City, KS, and Marymount College of Kansas, Salina, KS, and a number of schools for which THEY held records. Those schools included St. Mary of the Plains Academy, which closed in 1942, St. Mary of the Plains High School, 1952-1969, and SMOP and Marymount Nursing Program Hospitals: Halstead Hospital, Halstead, KS; Mercy Hospital, Parsons, KS; Mt. Carmel Hospital, Pittsburg, KS; St. Anthony Hospital, Dodge City, KS; St. John's, Salina, KS; St. Joseph's Hospital, Wichita, KS; St. Joseph's Hospital, Ponca City, OK; St. Mary's Hospital, Winfield, KS; and Stormont Vail, Topeka, KS. Fort Hays also had limited records for a truck-driving school which had been affiliated with St. Mary of the Plains College. By 2016, all these records were transferred to Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina, KS.

Currently enrolled student

  • No charge for first three each enrolled semester

Non-enrolled student or currently enrolled student (fourth or subsequent transcript)

  • $5 per transcript
  • Cash, check or money order payable to FHSU, or credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)

Ordering a Transcript

Any transcript request that is not filled out with complete information will be sent back to the requester indicating the missing information.

Please note: The fees paid for additional services do not expedite the processing time of a transcript, only the delivery time after processing. Delivery fees do not include any applicable fees for transcripts. Delivery fees are also assessed on student-requested updates of international admission documents.

Delivery Options

Transcript Request Form (PDF) *Get Acrobat Reader Free

US Postal Service--Domestic/Intracontinental Mail
No charge
Delivery Time: Standard

Fax Fee (to domestic numbers only)
$5 per telephone number

Express mail (to U.S. addresses)
$15 per envelope
Delivery Time: Next day

International Airmail
$5 per envelope
Delivery Time: up to several weeks

International Express mail
$40 per envelope
Delivery Time: less than one week

Mail transcript requests to: Registrar, Fort Hays State University, 600 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601.

Fax transcript requests to: 785-628-4085. (A daytime call-back telephone number is appreciated).

Transcripts may be requested from our office on campus in Picken Hall 302, Hays, Kansas 67601-4099. Telephone requests and emailed requests are NOT accepted. A written request with a dated signature is required.


New Service: Order transcripts online.

Fort Hays is now in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse and offers you the service of ordering your transcript online using any major credit card.


If you do not use the transcript order form for your mail, fax, express, international or international express request, include the following in a letter:

  1. Your current name, plus any other name(s) you may have used when attending Fort Hays State University.
  2. Your social security or 8-digit student ID number.
  3. Your date of birth.
  4. Your beginning and ending dates of enrollment at FHSU.
  5. The number of transcripts you are requesting.
  6. Where each transcript requested is to be sent (please provide an accurate and complete address).
  7. $5.00 for EACH transcript requested if not currently enrolled.
  8. No charge for EACH transcript requested if currently enrolled.
  9. Your original signature.
  10. Your current home address and daytime telephone number.
  11. Specify any schools besides Fort Hays State if needing any of our other schools' transcripts
  12. Indicate if you want your transcript held until current term grades are posted and/or until degree is posted.
  13. Requests faxed to our office require a credit or debit card number (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) and expiration date. Absence of any required information will result in a returned request form to the requester. Individuals are welcome to fax in the Transcript Request THEN call the Registrar's Office at 785-628-4222 to give payment information if they do not wish to fax credit/debit card information.
  14. Be aware that faxed transcripts are usually not considered Official Transcripts by receiving institutions. Be sure to check with the receiving party on their policy regarding transcripts.
    Express Mail requests require a credit or debit card number (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) and expiration date. Absence of any required information will result in a returned request form to the requester.
Back to top