Provost Banner

How to Reach Us

Office of the Provost
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Sheridan Hall 302
Phone: (785) 628-4241
Fax: (785) 628-4157

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon - Fri


Faculty and Unclassified Staff Handbook
Chapter 6 -- Business Affairs: General Regulations, Services, and Procedures 

Physical Plant

The Physical Plant is comprised of the following departments: Building Maintenance, Central Purchasing (shipping and receiving), Construction, Custodial Services, Environmental Services, Grounds, Lock Shop, Mail Center, Motor Pool, and Printing Services. Services from any of these departments can be obtained by contacting Physical Plant administration.

Building Maintenance and Repair

Building maintenance is the responsibility of the physical plant maintenance department, the principal responsibility of which is to preserve and prevent deterioration of University buildings and to remedy any situation that may be hazardous to building occupants. General service work and requests requiring involvement of the maintenance department are of necessity secondary to its principal responsibilities. Any emergency situations should be reported to maintenance, the Physical Plant Office, or the Directors of the Physical Plant.


The Environmental Safety Officer is responsible for overseeing health and safety issues on campus and for the recycling program. Concerns should be addressed to the Environmental Safety Officer or the Directors of the Physical Plant. Campus recycling programs are managed by both Environmental/Safety and the Ground Department.

General Services

Services of a general nature, e.g., bulletin board requests, keys, furniture moving, and repair, should be directed to the Physical Plant office by written work request forms.

Telephone and computer needs are addressed by the Division of Technology Services. Forms are submitted electronically to that office when telephone and computer service is needed.

Transportation requisition forms, available electronically on Workflow, are used to request vehicles from the motor pool for official travel. All vehicles are scheduled through the Physical Plant.

Back to Chapter 6


Back to top