How to Reach Us

Student Fiscal Services

317 Picken Hall
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601

FAX: 785-628-4081
Phone: 785-628-5251

Contact Us

Meet our Staff

Disbursement of Financial Assistance

Student Fiscal Services disburses financial assistance and processes available refunds to you. Disbursement can be delayed if you do not meet certain eligibility requirements such as the number of hours enrolled or if you are on financial aid suspension. It is your responsibility to meet the criteria necessary for release of financial assistance. See Eligibility/Disbursement in Financial Aid Policies. If you have any questions concerning your eligibility for financial assistance, you will need to contact the Financial Assistance Office.

Disbursement process highlights:

  • Financial assistance is usually awarded on an academic year basis but disbursed each semester. Check Important Dates to see when available financial assistance will be released to student accounts.
  • When financial assistance is available for release, current semester charges (tuition and housing) are paid first.
  • Books and supplies are not charged by the University. You are personally responsible for the purchase of books and supplies. You may use your excess financial assistance that is refunded to you to pay for your books and supplies, if available; otherwise, you will need to use your own funds.
  • FHSU offers the option of purchasing books and supplies at the FHSU Bookstore with excess financial aid funds using an FHSU Book Voucher. Book vouchers are available for Intersession only to students whose pending federal financial aid is greater than the total charges for both Intersession and Spring. If you qualify and wish to use a book voucher for Intersession, you must select the option in TigerEnroll when finalizing Intersession enrollment. You must be admitted as a degree-seeking student and your Spring FHSU enrollment must be finalized in order to receive aid for Intersession.
  • Excess financial assistance after payment of University charges is sent to you using the valid refund option you selected in TigerEnroll. It is very important that you select a valid refund option when enrolling on TigerEnroll in order to receive your refund in a timely manner. Check out Refunds to determine the best available option for you. Student Fiscal Services reserves the right to select a refund option for you.
  • It is your responsibility to make payment for any remaining charges on your account after all available financial assistance has been disbursed. You must meet payment deadlines to avoid late fees.
  • Right to Cancel. If you decide that you do not need all or a portion of your student loan(s) that you received for the semester, you have the right to cancel all or a portion of your student loan(s) within 14 days of the disbursement date. Loans eligible for cancellation are: Federal Direct Loans, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal TEACH Grant, and Federal Graduate and Parent PLUS Loans. If you want to exercise your Right to Cancel or have questions concerning this process, call us at 785-628-5558.
  • Federal PLUS loan. PLUS loans are applied to University charges similar to other financial assistance; however, excess financial assistance is refunded directly to the parent, not to the student.

Have additional questions about disbursement of financial assistance? Contact us at 800-628-FHSU (option 8, then option 2), 785-628-5251, or stop by our office at 317 Picken Hall.

Back to top