Student Fiscal Services
Charges on your Student Account
Check TigerTracks (Online Services tab, then Finances) often to see your Account Balance for outstanding charges and their due dates. You will receive monthly email bills, which are sent to your FHSU Mail account (official FHSU email) from our office. Paper billing statements will not be mailed.
Your charges may consist of any of the following:
- Tuition - Any tuition due after your initial enrollment on TigerEnroll (remaining tuition installments, added classes, etc.)
- Housing - All Residential Life (housing and meal plan) charges (Agnew Hall, Custer Hall, Heather Hall, McMindes Hall, Stadium Place, Wiest Hall, Wooster Place)
- Traffic - Parking/traffic fines
- Student Health - Charges you incur for services rendered at the Student Health Center
- Other University Charges - Possible charges may include TigerTots daycare charges, Financial Aid Repayment, Pell Repayment, and other miscellaneous institutional charges
Payments are due by the due date listed on your Account Balance and/or email bill. Failure to make full payment by the due date will result in a $25 late fee. Late fees are assessed for each due date missed. A hold will be placed on your account and will remain as long as there is a past due balance. This will prevent you from enrolling in future semesters and prevent access to your transcript. Removal of holds is not automatic based on payment. Allow a minimum of one to two business days after satisfactory payment is received before the hold on your account is removed.
Initial enrollment tuition charges are paid through TigerEnroll (finalizing enrollment). Tuition for added classes, housing and other charges are paid in TigerTracks (Online Services tab, then Finances, Account Balance/Make a Payment).
- Pay online through TigerTracks with a credit/debit card or online check. FHSU accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. FHSU does not charge a convenience fee for online payments.
- Pay online by following these instructions:
- Go to TigerTracks at https://tigertracks.fhsu.edu
- Login to CAS secure Login
- Click on Online Services
- Click on Finances
- Click on Account Balance/Make a Payment
- Mail a check or money order to our office. Include your Student ID number on your check or money order. Avoid late fees by allowing extra time for mail delays and manual processing.
- Stop by our office and pay with a debit/credit card, check or cash.
- Call us and make a payment over the phone using a debit/credit card.
Authorization to Release Student Account Information
As a student, remember that this is your account and you are ultimately responsible for any amounts owed to FHSU. Therefore, it is very important that you make sure those who assist you with your financial obligations are aware of payment due dates and amounts owed.
The financial and non-directory information on your student account is confidential and protected by the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act 1974 (FERPA) as amended “Buckley Amendment,” and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLB Act, Sec 16CFR Part 314). The Student Fiscal Services office cannot release student account information to another person without your authorization. (This includes parents, spouses, guardians and/or persons with a legitimate business need to know.) You may provide this authorization to individuals by completing the steps within the Third Party Access link on TigerTracks, under Personal Information. By completing this process, you are authorizing the Student Fiscal Services office to release specific account information to the person(s) you designate.
Questions? Contact us at 800-628-FHSU (option 8, then option 2), 785-628-5251, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office at 317 Picken Hall.
Mailing address is:
Fort Hays State University
Student Fiscal Services
317 Picken Hall
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601