How to Reach Us

Department of Social Work
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Albertson Hall 103
Phone: 785-628-4755
Contact Us

Academic Programs in Social Work

The Department of Social Work offers one undergraduate degree (on campus only), and partners with the University of Kansas to offer one master's degree (courses are taken both on campus and online). The department does not offer a minor.

Our programs are practice-oriented, with a focus on hands-on, experiential learning. In our courses, you'll learn to apply a systems-perspective (examining people through their environments) to real world problems as you help the most vulnerable populations.

We offer a practice-oriented, traditional undergraduate degree, at our Hays campus and through our cohort programs in Garden City and Dodge City. We also offer the opportunity for students to earn a graduate degree that is a blended, on-campus and online program (in partnership with the University of Kansas). You'll study with expert faculty who incorporate their experiences and active research agendas into the classroom, letting you experience how social work knowledge applies to real world challenges.

Social Work Programs

Graduate School (Blended, online and on campus)

Back to top

Original text