Advanced Education Programs banner

How to Reach Us

Department of Advanced Education Programs
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Rarick Hall 232
Phone: 785-628-4283
Contact Us

College of Education on Facebook    

Become a Building Principal

The principal sets the tone of school, from the learning climate to the degree of concern for students' success. If you are ready to take on the challenges of building leadership, the Department of Advanced Education Programs has two accredited programs to help you satisfy state licensure requirements:

  • Master of Science in Educational Administration - Building Principal
  • Non-Degree Endorsement in Building Principal
  • All courses are offered online.
  • Each candidate is required to complete a Building Leadership Practicum ePortfolio (BLPeP) related to the work of a building principal

Master of Science (MS) in Educational Administration-Building Principal 

The MS program of study (36 hours) prepares you to face the challenges of leading a school and meeting your students' needs. During your program, you will perform active research into current issues facing the field of education, while learning effective management skills. Upon completion, you will be prepared to apply for building leadership licensure in the state of Kansas. The MS in Educational Administration is accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).

If you have questions or would like more information about the Masters degree program, contact Mrs. Amanda Frank at or (785) 628-4325.

Non-Degree Endorsement (NDE) in Educational Administration-Building Principal

If you already have a masters, you may want to pursue the Building Principal endorsement option; apply to the FHSU Graduate School as a non-degree seeking student. A program of study template consisting of 21 required hours is available for your review. Feel free to make a copy of the Google doc in order to select your courses. Once done, share the doc with Dr. Moody at for final approval.

Learn more about the MS or NDE in Educational Administration-Building Principal:


Back to top