Advanced Education Programs banner

How to Reach Us

Department of Advanced Education Programs
Fort Hays State University
600 Park Street
Rarick Hall 232
Phone: 785-628-4283
Contact Us

College of Education on Facebook    

Admission Requirements for the Graduate Program in Gifted Education

Whether you are looking to complete a Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted degree program or simply earn your endorsement in Gifted Education, you will need to apply to the FHSU Graduate School to begin your admissions process, as this graduate-level program falls under the supervision of the FHSU Graduate School. When applying for this degree program in the Graduate School, look for this title on the application, MS in Special Education (Gifted). When applying for this program for endorsement only, look for this title on the application, Non-degree Special Education (Gifted).

The Graduate School processes all applications, which are available online as well as in print. To apply, you need to have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and submit the following materials to the Graduate School:

  • Completed application to the Graduate School for programs in the Advanced Education Programs Department.
  • A personal statement addressing your reason for beginning a program in Gifted Education
  • Two outside personal recommendations
  • Inclusion of all transcripts where you have completed coursework
  • Send a copy of your teaching license if you are a licensed teacher.

If you need more information or wish to begin your application process, please visit the FHSU Graduate School Website.

Back to top