Admission Requirements for the Specialist in Education: Education Administration (Superintendent)
- Meet FHSU Graduate School Requirements
- Have a Master's degree
- Have Building Leadership (Principal) endorsement
- Achieved a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA in all graduate coursework.
Please complete an application online and submit the additional materials listed on the Graduate School Website. When applying for this degree program on the Graduate School application, look for this title on the application, Specialist in Education: Education Administration.
Submit the following documents with your application:
- A brief statement of professional goals related to the completion of Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree including how achievement of the Ed.S. will assist you in achieving your goals.
- Two letters of reference from supervisors and/or professional peers who are familiar with your work and can assess your potential ability and skills to pursue a doctoral degree.
- A resume or curriculum vita of education and professional experiences.
- A copy of your building level license
- Official transcripts for all college work completed, documenting conferral of a graduate degree.
Note: A completed application includes evidence of a master’s degree and a successful Background Check.
A committee will review your file and forward a recommendation of approval or denial to the Dean of the Graduate School. Upon acceptance into the program, the program coordinator in your area of specialization will appoint an advisor and designate a graduate committee responsible for developing your program of study. Applicants who do not enroll within one academic year after admission may be required to reapply for admission.