Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Attend A Show
We are happy you can attend a performance.
Performances are in the Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center located on Park Street on the Campus of Fort Hays State University.From I-70 take:The 159 exit South, to 8th Street. Turn West on 8th Street to Park Street. Turn south on Park Street for parking, orThe 157 exit South, to 8th Street. Turn East on 8th Street to College Drive or Park Street for parking.
- All pagers & cell phones must be turned off during all performances.
- The use of cameras, flashes and recording devices during performances is strictly prohibited.
- Please arrive on time, usually 15-30 minutes before the start of the performance, allowing enough time for trips to the restroom and reading the program. Latecomers disturb the patrons around them and will be seated during a suitable moment at the usher’s discretion.
- Please remain in your seat during the performance. Use the restroom before the show and during the intermission.
- FOOD AND DRINK IS PROHIBITED IN THE THEATRE and may only be consumed in the lobby area.
- Don't be afraid to laugh, applaud and show your appreciation for the actors' hard work.
- Please remain in your seat until the curtain call is over and the house lights have come up.
- Please observe the common sense rules of common courtesy. Be quiet during the performance, don't cut in line at the restroom and respect the theatre-going experience of everyone around you.
Specially-designed hearing aids, using the stage sound system, are available at no cost. They may be obtained at the box office.Large-type programs may be requested from the ushers at each performance.
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.